Sunday, November 28, 2010

Preview (Filler Part Deux)




This would be panel three of a five panel piece I'm currently working on that is tentatively titled "When the robots rose up. . ."

I got the idea yesterday while rereading the first six issues of volume three of Powers by Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Avon Oeming (and no, I don't know how to correctly pronounce Michael's last name either.) Specifically, it was issue two where a robot (just go with it) is dropped from a plane. Now, compositionally speaking, this page just wasn't working for me (at least not as effectively as it could have) and that got me thinking about other ways the page could have been composed. Eventually, I ended up thinking about a sequence that is played out with a few variations in Joshua W. Cotter's Skyscrapers of the Midwest and Tom Gauld's art in general.

The actual specifics that lead from one point to the other are still a little hazy (seriously, call a friend up and tell 'em about the last episode of How I Met Your Mother [or any other show that's awesome] and see how many times you have to stop and say, "Wait, before that. . .") but that's what happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home