Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Preview (Filler 33 1/3: The :: Insert Something Witty Here:: Insult)



So I went to the Brooklyn Comics and Graphics Festival this weekend (very nice, small, free, and friendly event), saw some original artwork by Ashley Wood, Joe Matt, Mark Buckingham, Jim Woodring, and other names of a drop-able note that was for sale, noted the size the artists were working on and I don't have paper big enough to get to that size (Jim Woodring at 9 1/2" x 14" was the smallest) so I decided to bump on up to 8 1/2" x 13". The increase wasn't much of a jump for me considering that I've already done two page spreads at that size. In fact, the piece "When the robots rose up. . ." was done at that size and I finished it two days before the festival.

In any event, I've spent the last two days playing with the page at these new dimensions and so far came up with these two grid layouts. The first is for a palindrome piece. (I just need to come up with the palindrome to go in the little boxes.) And the second is page one of a (as of now) two page piece. It's a pretty simple pattern. It starts with one panel in the top left and ends with 128 in the bottom right (the second page will be composed of 256 panels -- I hope.) I'm not sure what, if anything, will go in the second piece yet but I'm open to suggestions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home