Monday, January 03, 2011

Requiem For Dying Mothers: Part 1 & 2 (Preview)



So I thought I'd throw up a sneak peek of what I'm working on now. It's actually the palindrome page comp. / grid layout I worked up on the new larger page size I've been working at and posted a few weeks back (December 8th to be exact.) The title is an amalgamation of the first two songs (Requiem For Dying Mothers: Part 1 and Requiem For Dying Mothers: Part 2) off of disc one of the two disc album Tired Sounds Of Stars Of The Lid by the band Stars of the Lid. I'm using those songs in the title because they're what I was listening to when I came up with what to put in the palindrome.

See, for the past few months I've been coming up with a page comps. / grid layouts and then listening to instrumental music (mostly post rock or in the case of Stars of the Lid -- ambient drone) and just letting my mind wander and find the "story" that the music is the soundtrack to. I then try to convey as much story as I can with as little (words and / or images) as I can while allowing as much for interpretation and actually story construction on the part of the reader as possible.

Most of these pieces are actually uploaded on the Lull Comics facebook page (you don't have to be on facebook to view the pics.)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home