Thursday, January 26, 2012

"Poseidon's on a mission. . ."











To quote my good friend Cheech Marin in Ghostbusters 2, when the Titanic docked and started unloading passengers, "Better late than never."

So I missed my once a week post two weeks in. Suffice it to say, so personal stuff happened, I didn't get any comics work done, it's a story, and blah, blah, blah.

Having said that, though, from this point out, once a week, every Wednesday, an update on the comics work I'm currently doing. And speaking of, if you'll look to your left you'll see a drawing you've probably all ready noticed. It's part of what the first (top) panel of the two panel piece "Man Overboard" looks like. I still have to do lots of inking on the sky and some on the water but it's a good eighty-five percent done. That's poseidon there, looking way to stiff, and the words are from the Puscifer song of the same name.

Really, this piece was just something to get going again and work on while working on longer, more seriously work. It also will be the last piece I do at this size (8.5 in x 13 in). I've been rereading Queen and Country by Greg Rucka and rotating line-up of artists and I really liked Carla Speed McNeil's work. I've since picked up The Finder Library vol. 1 and vol. 2 and Finder: Voice and it all has the same dimensions so basically, I measured her pages and increased the dimensions to something I'm comfortable working at.

Anyway, "Man Overboard" should be done this week so expect an update on "In Defense of The Serial Comma; Or, A Good Excuse to Practice Lettering" next week.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home